Stephanie Chandler is the author of several books including Own Your Niche and The Nonfiction Book Marketing Plan. Stephanie is also founder and CEO of the NonfictionAuthors Association, a vibrant marketing community for authors, the Nonfiction Writers Conference, an annual event conducted entirely online.
She is also the founder of BusinessInfoGuide.com, an educational blog for entrepreneurs. A frequent speaker at business events and on the radio, she has been featured in Entrepreneur, BusinessWeek, Inc., and Wired magazine.
Stephanie Chandler spent a decade in the fast-paced Silicon Valley in various roles including software sales, technical training, and technical support. When she developed an ulcer before her 30th birthday, she knew it was time for a complete lifestyle change.
In 2003, Stephanie fled corporate America and opened a 2,800 square-foot bookstore in Sacramento, CA. In the process of starting the business, she discovered a new passion: helping aspiring entrepreneurs realize there could be life after corporate America. In response, she launched BusinessInfoGuide.com, a directory of resources for entrepreneurs, and began writing books about small business marketing. (She sold the bookstore in 2007.)
Chandler is founder and CEO of Stephanie Chandler Enterprises, LLC, the parent company to her business entities, which include the following:
- BusinessInfoGuide.com – A directory of resources for entrepreneurs, launched in 2004.
- The Nonfiction Writers Conference – An annual three-day conference conducted entirely online, launched in 2010.
- The Nonfiction Authors Association – A vibrant marketing community for writers, launched in 2013.
- Authority Publishing – Custom book publishing, launched in 2008. (Still active but only accepting new clients by referral.)
She is also an author of several books:
The Nonfiction Book Marketing Plan: Online and Offline Promotion Strategies to Build Your Audience and Sell More Books (Authority Publishing, June 2013)
Own Your Niche: Hype-Free Internet Marketing Tactics to Establish Authority in Your Field and Promote Your Service-Based Business (Authority Publishing, February 2012)
The Conference Catcher: An Organized Journal for Capturing Ideas, Resources, and Action Items at Educational Conferences, Trade Shows, and Events (Authority Publishing, February 2011)
Booked Up! How to Write, Publish, and Promote a Book to Grow Your Business (Authority Publishing, October 2010)
LEAP! 101 Ways to Grow Your Business (Career Press, September 2009)
The Author’s Guide to Building an Online Platform: Leveraging the Internet to Sell More Books (Quill Driver Press, May 2008)
From Entrepreneur to Infopreneur: Make Money with Books, eBooks and Information Products (John Wiley & Sons, December 2006)
The Business Startup Checklist and Planning Guide: Seize Your Entrepreneurial Dreams! (Aventine Press, September 2005)
- Stephanie Chandler was honored as one of the Top 100 Small Business Influencers for 2012 by Small Business Trends.
– Stephanie’s book, Own Your Niche: Hype-Free Internet Marketing Tactics to Establish Authority in Your Field and Promote Your Service-Based Business, received Best Business Book of the Year from the Global Ebook Awards 2012.
– Stephanie’s first book, The Business Startup Checklist and Planning Guide, placed second in the Best Business Book of the Year category with Foreword magazine, 2006.
– Stephanie founded the Sacramento Speakers Network in 2006 with four people in a local Starbucks, and she grew the group to over 1,100 members by the time she decided to hand over the reigns to another leader in 2013.
– Stephanie is also a professional speaker averaging over 20 speaking engagements per year, and a member of the National Speakers Association.
– Stephanie’s social media network and mailing lists combined reach close to 100,000 people.
As an expert in small business, internet marketing and social media, Stephanie has worked with numerous companies in various capacities including blogging, spokesperson work, social media events, webinars, Twitter chats, product give-aways and consulting. Some past clients include Visa Business Network, Yahoo! Small Business, Dell, American Express Open, Hiscox Insurance, Lenovo, The UPS Store and Deluxe Corporation.
Stephanie Chandler lives near Sacramento, California. She has a young son and several pets—all rescued from local animal shelters (the animals, not the kid!). Life is good!